Think Dignity issues a Community Call to Action to fight the criminalization of homelessness in San Diego.
Community Call to Action
We are working heavily on issues related to the criminalization of the homeless, and we need your help. Please keep your eyes and ears out for the following:
1. Abatement Sweeps (who is conducting them, what time they are conducted, what happens)
2. Individual belongings being thrown in the trash or trash trucks by police or city officials
3. Harassment of homeless individuals by police or city officials
4. Citations for Illegal Lodging between the hours of 9pm – 5:30am
5. Citations for Encroachment
6. Being unable to reclaim belongings that were taken during the sweeps
7. Destruction of individuals’ property by police or city officials
The more documentation we have of these incidents, the more likely we are to bring real change to San Diego.
Please e-mail any documentation you have (photos, videos, anectodes) to our Executive Director, Anne Rios. You may also call and leave a message on our general line at (619) 537-8736. Please include your name and the names of individuals you have spoken with.